OmniConnect provides a graphical user interface for executing the individual use cases of the vari-ous specialized applications. Users can access the interface straight from the primary system (HIS) using a Single Sign-On procedure.
As administrator you benefit from a graphical user interface for setting up the system. On the inter-face you can manage connected institutions using the following functions:
- Add, edit, copy, export and delete client
- Manage integration to connectors and connector clients
- Manage settings that are specific to the primary system
- Edit standard values for authorizations on the Professionals user interface
OmniConnect creates a foundation for connecting existing systems in your organizational structure with the various specialized applications of the telematics infrastructure, in line with the Electronic Patient Record (ePA) as laid down in paragraph 341 SGB V.
These specialized applications include:
- The ePA itself, which enables service providers and patients to make documents available to each other using a document management system
- Emergency Data Management (NFDM)
- The Electronic Medication Plan (EMP) The EMP contains a structured overview of the medication a patient is currently taking.
- Another specialized application is Communication in the Medical Sector (KIM). KIM allows service providers, medical institutions and funding organizations to communicate with each other by email while maintaining confidentiality and data integrity (e.g. electronic doctor’s letter, electronic notifica-tion).